Sunday, March 02, 2008

Chip Overclock in the Popular Media

Mrs. Overclock (a.k.a. Dr. Overclock, Medicine Woman) brought this Dilbert comic strip to my attention today, convinced that I was somehow making an appearance. I assured her that this could not possibly be the case: I have no intention of leaving my current employer, Digital Aggregates.

However, it was in fact your humble servant who was mentioned on the Weekend Edition Saturday Letters segment of National Public Radio a few weeks ago. Several readers sent me email when they heard my name, one of them commenting on the somewhat self-referential irony of the topic.

I apologize for the lack of material lately. I've been gainfully employed for some months now on an interesting project with bleeding-edge technology and smart engineers. (Really, does life get any better?) Unfortunately, that's about all I can say about it; these things happen.

However, thanks to the generous financial sponsorship of Digital Aggregates (who, perhaps foolishly, gave me a budget and a company Visa card), I'll be spinning up an internal project in a few months that I can write about - boy, will I - involving both an embedded system and a multi-core server. More to come as plans develop and details emerge.

No comments: